Thursday 12 May 2011

Weave Haters...

I just had to write about this…so these 2 women at the bank were going on about my weave or “fake hair” according to them, saying I’m trying to be white. Ooh plz I’m as black as they can be and I’m sooo proud, I don’t need no afro to prove that I’m black.

I don’t understand why people equate wearing weave as self hate, but for the record jus because one wears a weave doesn’t mean they hate themselves. It not about pretending to have long hair like “white people” as most of you say. We wear weaves to look good.
I wear weaves but I am not embarrassed/ uncomfortable to wear my own hair but I don’t, simply because it looks like a mess before the end of the day…and weaves are easy to manage.

I wear jewelry to look good, I wear lipstick because I like the way It makes my lips look.
People wear fake nails all the time but I don’t see you going on and raving about them being fake. Its funny that you have a problem with us (people who wear weaves) but you’re constantly fooled by these celebrity women who wear them. I know most of y’all were surprised to know Lauren London, Beyonce, Gabrielle Union wear weave and damn they look good …but ooh! Just because you see them on tv their hair cant be fake, right?... well you’re wrong  just as you’re wrong about us trying to be white.

Now you all can stop going on about us trying to be white…if you feel having afro or shaving your hair makes you black then go ahead. But to me being black is not determined by my hair and I don’t wear weave because I want to be white, I wear it to look good, a weave is just some sort of fashion accessory…just like that that “fake gold tooth” you have lol

No comments:

Post a Comment